The shrimp dictated how the bento got packed — they were too long to go in vertically, so…
Today my husband gets fried shrimp with tonkatsu sauce, dashimaki tamago (tamagoyaki with lots of dashi: full tutorial here), Korean sauteed garlic stalks and red bell pepper, mango, cherry tomatoes, and jasmine tea-flavored rice with nori furikake and a sheet of Korean toasted/flavored nori. X-posted to my blog and Flikr.
My rice is mixed with shiso furikake, and my son’s rice is mixed with nori furikake and shaped into puchi onigiri.
- Tutorial: How to make dashimaki tamago (tamagoyaki) omelettes
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews