Made sushi and weird onigiri this morning for kicks.
- umeshiso maki, my favorite! (umeboshi, beefsteak plant leaves, and cucumber)
- seaweed paste mini-onigiri (Gohan Desu Yo! brand)
- shumai onigiri with nori wrapped around the outside
- two layers of shumai
- umeboshi & takuan
- Rainier cherries and purple grapes (not olives!)
I also made some weird fusion onigiri (*tipping my hat to my friend Camille, who came up with the filling ideas*).
Sundried tomato pesto in one, mango chutney and fresh mint in the other. The chutney one was really good!!!
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews
July 20th, 2006 | Categories: bento, dumplings or buns, for kids, lactose free, onigiri or sushi | Print This Post | Email this post