So this morning I had fun with rye cocktail bread — about 2 inches across and very thin. For some reason this lunch is making me very happy! Packed in my large 940ml Dear Label box.
* Six mini-sandwiches, stacked two high. Fillings were: 1) salami, havarti, lettuce and cognac/pepper mustard, 2) cream cheese, green onions and pepper, 3) Marmite and cheese, and 4) Nutella and peanut butter.
* Half a Fuji apple, cut side dipped in lemon juice
* Leftover Peruvian purple potato salad
* Grape tomatoes
* Hard-boiled egg, shaped with a mold, dyed light blue
I made a smaller version for my son, and packed it in a new snack container.
Two mini-sandwiches: one is cream cheese, the other is havarti (can you tell he likes cheese?). More grape tomatoes.
Small 260ml side dish bento boxes (“Comment vas-tu?”). With the very Canadian French sub-title of “il fait un temps magnifique, n’est-ce pas?” No metal in the hinges!
- Need for speed: A mommyâ€™s lunch manifesto
- Food safety for packed lunches
- How to pack a bento lunch and use â€œgap fillersâ€
- Choosing the right size bento box
- Biggieâ€™s list of top speed tips, tutorials and equipment reviews